Goooooooood Morning!!
Well, sorta.
I have an appointment with DHS today. I'm trying to get Hawk-I insurance for The Kid. Yes, this is a social welfare program. Before I get tons of comments telling me how you don't want to support my non-working butt and illigitimate kid, I have to say that I am not at all pleased about having to do this. I have managed to go 7 years without social assistance or even child support - thanks to help and support from my family & friends. To be in a position where I have to accept government help is humiliating. It's also what I need to do to make sure my daughter is protected.
And before you take off on a different rant, I don't mean I bilked my friends and family for money. I mean they helped by watching The Kid, enabling me to work 40 hours/week. I'm not saying I didn't get $20 here & there -- I did. But the emotional support and advice I've received are priceless to me.
Unfortunately, I had back surgery last year, followed by an infection in my back that pretty much put the SMACKDOWN on working full time. Hell, getting part time in has been dicey at times. This is the main reason I've decided I want to be where I am... If I can't face the day and don't have an appointment -- or if The Kid is sick, I will be litterally 10 steps from the office to take care of emergencies if they should arise. Otherwise, I can concentrate on getting myself better, putter around at my own speed and even toss in an hour or two at a time with NOONE TELLING ME I CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!!
Well, I'm going to wrap up this rant before it goes totally psycho.
Take care,
Jenn
Well, sorta.
I have an appointment with DHS today. I'm trying to get Hawk-I insurance for The Kid. Yes, this is a social welfare program. Before I get tons of comments telling me how you don't want to support my non-working butt and illigitimate kid, I have to say that I am not at all pleased about having to do this. I have managed to go 7 years without social assistance or even child support - thanks to help and support from my family & friends. To be in a position where I have to accept government help is humiliating. It's also what I need to do to make sure my daughter is protected.
And before you take off on a different rant, I don't mean I bilked my friends and family for money. I mean they helped by watching The Kid, enabling me to work 40 hours/week. I'm not saying I didn't get $20 here & there -- I did. But the emotional support and advice I've received are priceless to me.
Unfortunately, I had back surgery last year, followed by an infection in my back that pretty much put the SMACKDOWN on working full time. Hell, getting part time in has been dicey at times. This is the main reason I've decided I want to be where I am... If I can't face the day and don't have an appointment -- or if The Kid is sick, I will be litterally 10 steps from the office to take care of emergencies if they should arise. Otherwise, I can concentrate on getting myself better, putter around at my own speed and even toss in an hour or two at a time with NOONE TELLING ME I CAN'T TAKE A BREAK!!
Well, I'm going to wrap up this rant before it goes totally psycho.
Take care,
Jenn

3 Comments:
blah blah blah
my taxes blah blah
I don't live in the state of iowa. programs like that don't utilize my taxes.
uhm, can you also get insurance? cause i'm pretty sure that you need insurance, too.
Well... If I want to put Jeff on the application, I could probably get insurance. That sux, tho...
I wish I could help. The last thing I want is for either of you to get sick and have to pay out the nose for it.
My recent MRI would have been over $4000.00 w/out insurance. :-p
I can not think of anything that is worth Jeff. :-I
That is it, we just have to win the lottery.
Luv, Misha
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home