
Well, I'm finally back out on the farm in Guthrie Center, IA. It's cramped and a little messy, but it's my own space... sorta. The Kid and I have taken over the upper level of Dad's turn-of-the-century farmhouse.
Granted, living with my father at age 34 was NOT on my list of things to do in life, but I've accepted that it's what I need to do right now. I'm honestly optimistic about the whole thing... When she's not in school, The Kid will either be with me or another member of my family. I can help Dad straighten up the farmhouse and start working for him... and working toward working for myself!
Working for Dad could be interesting. He's pretty set in his ways & VERY Republican about most things. But on a couple issues it's almost like he's as liberal as... well, as anyone! It can be tricky to know what side of the fence he'll fall on. Of course, if it's about money, you can bet your last plugged nickel that he'll go as conservative as Rush Limbaugh!
So, what's my plan? First thing, I'm going to start working on selling some pool cues and cleaning up the inside of the house. Next, I'll start drumming up new clients for Dad and SELLING SOME CRAP that's accumulated out here - either on e-bay or on yard sales. Sometime during these processes, I'm going to find a niche for myself that allows me to support myself and my daughter while still being able to take her to school every day...
But in the meantime -- if you have need of a pool cue, have any kind of hydraulic that needs repaired or just want to know what the weather is like in west central Iowa, FIND US!!
Take care!
Jenn

1 Comments:
You will be missed in Grimes but you are doing what is best for you and "kid".
Visits will be had. :-)
Calls we will make.
Luv, Michelle and Jeremy
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home