There's No Place Like Home...

Back in the "city", still surrounded by kitties... has our heroine found a place to stay?

Friday, July 04, 2008

Well, here it is - July 4th. It's 8am and I'm sitting on the couch at my BFF's house. It's so quiet I can hear the clock ticking in the kitchen and the whir of the fan on my laptop as I type.

I'm the only one awake.

Still, that's no shocker. I slept on the couch while Bethlynn took the bed in what was formerly my bedroom.

I haven't heard back about the job I'm HOPE-ing to get. I know it's crazy busy in that office but C'MON! I'm on pins & needles. I'm going to call again on Tuesday if I haven't heard from her on Monday. I think I'll also send a follow-up card to Renee's boss. I know Renee said she hadn't even looked at the resumes yet but I really don't think it'd hurt.

In the meantime, I'm ramping up my IC contracts again. MUST do something to make more $$. I'm not so behind that it's affecting my credit but that can't be far away if I keep things going as they are. Here's HOPE-ing I win PCH soon so I can stay at FB forever...

OH! And I won a contest from Frank Paige - he writes Bob the Squirrel. I guessed which national chain restaurant was featured in yesterday's comic. I RULE! He's sending me some artwork. I'll be sure to post a picture!

Anyway, Happy 4th! Be safe - have fun - and much love to you all!

Deenie

3 Comments:

Blogger Wiz ~ said...

Hey, Deenie!! As I sit here and read your post, I hear the clock ticking and the laptop fan whirring. We might be related!!

Best of luck with the potential new job!!

Hugs to you.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Deenie Foo-Foo said...

We just might, indeed!

Thanks, Wiz! I know it'd be perfect for me, just as I'd be perfect for IT! Just HOPE she realizes it!

12:32 PM  
Blogger ArwensRose said...

UPDATE!!!!!!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home