It's Wednesday afternoon. The perfect fall day is well underway. Everything's quiet. Sleepy. Beautiful.
It's one of the things I love most about this town. The way it is embraced and loved by Autumn.
There are all kinds of trees all over town. Most are revealing their glorious color right now. It's more than beautiful.
Days go by, nights fall softly. Soon, frost will come and the peace of Autumn will slide into winter. Soon, everything will be frozen.
It's like the deep breath before the plunge.
It's one of the things I love most about this town. The way it is embraced and loved by Autumn.
There are all kinds of trees all over town. Most are revealing their glorious color right now. It's more than beautiful.
Days go by, nights fall softly. Soon, frost will come and the peace of Autumn will slide into winter. Soon, everything will be frozen.
It's like the deep breath before the plunge.

4 Comments:
Want to come west for Winter?
SIIIIGH... it's a good dream!
Would that I could. Sadly, until there's a change in fortune, I am where I am.
Bethlynn keeps asking when we're going to visit Seattle again, tho. ;)
A lovely poem, Deenie... I feel the season finally turning here as well, making its way across the country like a child coloring a picture!
I like that - like a child coloring a picture.
You should write books, Aubri. ;)
NANOWRIMO countdown starts soon.....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home